Laser Cataract Surgery for Massachusetts Patients

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Laser Cataract Surgery for Massachusetts Patients

Cataract surgeons at D’Ambrosio Eye Care will now be using the CATALYS® Precision Laser System to perform laser cataract surgery and lens implants for patients from throughout central and western Massachusetts. This is the 30th anniversary of our practice and in fact I have been performing cataract surgery for over 30 years. During these years I have been actively involved in the clinical research to develop new advanced lens implants as well as to help refine techniques of modern cataract surgery. 

Incorporating advances in eye surgery into our practice and bringing them to western and central Massachusetts is just part of the DNA of our practice. Even after the years of experience and teaching of cataract surgery techniques, I am amazed at how the laser for cataract surgery gives me the ability to deliver a more precise, reproducible and gentler cataract surgery for my patients. The laser gives me exquisite control over the very complex steps of making a microscopic incision, creating a perfectly centered opening in the crystalline lens to remove the cloudy cataract and even softening  the lens material-all of which makes more consistent and gentler while adding accuracy when I am inserting and positioning the lens implant. This is really helpful for optical performance and vision correction for patients,” explained Dr. D’Ambrosio Jr. Throughout my career in eye surgery I have always tried to exemplify the philosophy of “see one-do one-teach one”, so I am looking forward to teaching other cataract surgeons at our eye surgery center in Gardner and from throughout western and central Massachusetts this technique of laser cataract surge.