LASIK Was for Me!

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

LASIK Was for Me!

I have been wearing glasses since I was about 17 years old.  I always thought it was such a pain to have to wear glasses but I was afraid to wear contacts.  I mainly wore them for driving at first which was even MORE of a pain, having to have a bulky case bouncing around my car. My prescription wasn’t too bad comparing it to other people now but it was annoying enough for me. 

When I turned 21 or 22, I decided that I wanted to try contacts. I did a good job with them, took care of my eyes, didn’t sleep in them, soaked them properly, etc. but I never seemed to have enough time in the mornings to put them in so I ended up just going  back to my glasses full time.  I did alright for a couple years, I just got used to wearing them all the time instead of keeping them in the car and only wearing them while driving.  

I realized that my next step would be to get LASIK. I had heard that D’Ambrosio Eye Care was fantastic with this procedure so I decided this year to start the process. Every step of the way, the staff was great, always making me feel comfortable and reassured.  I got the procedure done on February 13 of this year and I couldn’t be happier with my results!  

I was so nervous for the procedure but the girls kept telling me to just relax and breathe and it was very helpful. The procedure is very quick and every step of the way, the doctor was coaching me and telling me I was doing a great job, and before I knew it, I was ready to go.  I just went back for one of my follow up visits and got the news that I’m not only seeing 20/20 but I’m actually seeing 20/15! 

I couldn’t wait to tell my sister (who also wears glasses) and rub it in.  I’m still getting used to being able to see someone walking towards me clearly without my glasses, or driving, or even watching a movie… but hands down this was the best choice I’ve made for myself yet!

Guest blogger:  Kari L.

D'Ambrosio Eye Care is a leading eye and LASIK care practice with office locations at
479 Old Union Turnpike, Lancaster, Massachusetts 01523, 100 Powder Mill Road, Acton, Massachusetts 01720, 413 Main Street, Athol, Massachusetts 01331 and 74 Main Street, Gardner, Massachusetts 01440 that serve the greater Boston and central Massachusetts area.